1- Origin of the Faculty was the Engineering Division at the Higher Technical Institute in Cairo which founded in October 1961.
2- In October1975, the Engineering Division was merged to the faculty of technology in Mataria, Helwan University.
3- In April 1976, the Republican decree No. 367 of 1976 was issued to join the Higher Technical Institute at Shubra to Ein Shams University under the name of the Faculty of Engineering in Shubra.
4- In October1976, the Republican decree No. 1069 of 1976 was issued to join the Faculty of Engineering in Shubra to Zagazig University, Benha branch.
5- Finally, the Republican decree No. 84 of 2005 was issued to establish Benha University and make the Faculty as one of its faculties.
The Faculty has 8 scientific departments as following:
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Surveying Engineering Department of Architecture
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Mathematics and Engineering Physics
- Department of Industrial Engineering
- Department of Power Engineering and Sustainable Energy